We have now filled the vacancies below for this season (2023). We may be recruiting again around January 2024, so please check back here then if you would like to work here for a summer season.
Would you like to spend a summer season living and working on a tiny, beautiful island? Troytown Farm is a small family business, with a campsite, self-catering lets and a dairy farm, making and selling our famously excellent ice cream.
Seasonal staff are needed between Easter and October half-term (or for part of the season). We have seasonal positions for cleaner/caretakers, ice cream makers and people to work in our farm shop - (or a combination of these), working in a small and friendly team, in a breathtakingly beautiful setting.
If you are a positive, friendly, enthusiastic person, who would like an island adventure, please get in touch by applying for one of our vacancies shown below.
We are looking for two people to join our brilliant team of seasonal workers. The work will involve:
- Being responsible for keeping our campsite facilities building clean and making sure it functions well and looks great for our campers – including an early morning check and an evening check, with a main clean in the early afternoon.
- Changeovers in our 3 self-catering lets (up to 3 per week).
- Setting up and doing changeovers in our rented bell tents.
Depending on your experience and skills, there may also be additional work possiblly including:
- Helping to welcome and settle in our arrving campers, including luggage collection from the quay and delivery to the campsite. Giving advice about where to pitch, dealing with everyday questions and issues as they arise.
- Maintenance and upkeep of the campsite facilities and other accommodation on the farm, including basic repairs and servicing, gardening etc...
- Delivery of our ice cream to the freight boat, and helping with collection of incoming freight.
- Assisting in our dairy and farm shop, helping to make and serve our ice cream and other farm produce.
We are a small, busy, family business - running a farm, campsite, self-catering lets, a dairy and a little shop. If you love the outdoors, are friendly, good with people, don’t mind getting your hands dirty and you take pride in doing a job well, we would love to hear from you. A driving license is helpful (but not essential).
Work is available from just before Easter until the end of October. The hours can be flexible to suit you - between 20 and 35 hours per week (over 6 days). Self contained, private accommodation is provided. A season working on St Agnes is, for most, a brilliant and unforgettable experience. Many of our seasonal workers return year after year.
This would suit a couple or two friends (accommodation is shared) - gap-year students, people looking for a working holiday, or anyone taking a career break, looking for a change of scenery.
Please apply using the form below. (For couples applying together, please complete the form once for each person and make a note to say that you would be applying as a couple).
We are looking for friendly, positive people to join our brilliant team for the season. The work will involve:
- Serving customers in our farm shop - this will include lots of scooping and serving ice creams, welcoming our campers and assisting with any issues they may have, taking payments for holidays, answering all sorts of customer queries.
- Helping to process/make/package our own ice cream, milk and other farm produce.
- Maintaining excellent food hygiene and cleanliness standards in the dairy and shop.
Full training is given, but previous work experience in a kitchen or retail environment is helpful, as is a food hygiene certificate (not essential).
We are a small, busy, family business - running a farm, campsite, self-catering lets, a dairy and a little farm shop. Work is available from just before Easter until the end of October (ideally you would be able to work for a period of at least 8 weeks). The hours can be flexible to suit you - between 25 and 40 hours per week (over 6 days). Accommodation is provided in a dedicated, sheltered, seasonal workers area of the campsite. Good rate of pay.
This would suit gap-year students, A-level or university students, or anyone looking to work in a beautiful location for a summer season.
Please apply using the form below.